If not now, when?

This post was originally published on 12/22/08 to my first blog, Internal Muses. However, I then found the much better name Inner Muses and left my few posts lingering there. So, now NINE years later almost to the day, I'm reposting those initial posts and finally taking this better name. Here it is:

At long last, a blog of my own! The blogosphere is *so* crowded that it's difficult to find a name that's not taken. Internal Muses Inner Muses comes after a number of name attempts. It's that wonderful mix of intention and accident I experience every day. I like it.

My name is Harley Michael Rosnow. I live in Kirkland, Washington with my wife, Yuriko, and my kids, Kinori and Rina. I grew up in Concord and Walnut Creek, California. I attended the Head-Royce School in Oakland, California for high school and am in the Harvard College Class of 1985. My first job was at Kurzweil Applied Intelligence where I worked on Speech Recognition from 1984 through 1996. I then joined Microsoft where I've worked on Internet-related products (Microsoft Expression Web (nee Microsoft FrontPage) and now Internet Explorer). (Since 2008, I've worked on the speech recognition function in the Xbox One and then input in general for Windows 10.)

Welcome to my personal blog. Inner Muses is a place for me to rant about life and the world around me. When I see my friends, I talk too much. I hope that if I let these muses out through a different medium, it will give me space to listen.

There are many interesting topics to explore:
Life in a Jewish Japanese American family.
Names by Design: Kinori and Rina
Professional Japanese Student
Regaining Pride as an American
Saving the World: Internalities
Explorations of Crushridge (Horde)
Black Diamond Family
Digital Musings
Education, Education, Education
Other musings ...

That's what comes to mind for a start. These are all topics primarily from my private life.

If we get to know each other, then please be my friend at http://www.facebook.com/.

Thanks for reading!

Harley Rosnow
Kirkland, Washington

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Escaping the Matrix!

Solar System Energized!

Leaving Japan