Yom HaShoah: Rosnow, Shelub, and Einstein families

Yom HaShoah is the day of remembrance for the Holocaust committed by the Nazi's during WWII. For Yom HaShoah for 2023, I may have a chance to briefly speak, so I am collecting some materials here.

Although both born in pre-war Europe, both my mother, Gina Einsein Rosnow, and father, Morris Rosnow, came to the United States in 1950 through amazingly different paths despite the Nazi's onslaught. 

My mother was born in Stuttgart, German in 1927. My maternal grandmother, Trude, saw the rise of the Nazis and was a super early mover. She took her family out of Germany to pre-Israel Palestine during the early 1930s before the British shutdown access. My mother and her sister grew up in the German enclave of Nahariya up north near Lebanon. 

My father and his two older sisters, Mira Shelub, and Sara Rosnow, emerged together from WWII Europe with Mira's husband Normal Shelub and their oldest son, Irwin. They were sponsored to enter the United States by family in Baltimore and Philadelphia.




Their stories have been well documented here:

Morris Rosnow

Morris Rosnow | Jewish Partisan Community

Jewish Survivor Morris Rosnow Testimony | USC Shoah Foundation - YouTube

One of my favorite moments! When Kinori hear's my middle name for the first time.

Sara Rosnow

Sara Rosnow | Jewish Partisan Community

Mira Shelub

Mira Shelub | Jewish Partisan Educational Foundation (jewishpartisans.org)

Holocaust Survivor Mira Shelub Testimony | USC Shoah Foundation - YouTube


The story of the Bielsky Brother's partisan group was portrayed in the major motion picture: Defiance.
When you see the young boys running around the family camp, please think of my dad Morris, who survived in the Polish woods from age 13-18 in the Bielsky family camp.


My grandmother Hannah Rashke Rosnow was killed when the family camp was attacked by the Nazis. My dad returned from a mission, to find her shoe in the woods which he picked up to bring back to her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Escaping the Matrix!

Solar System Energized!

Leaving Japan